Last Revised: 28 Feb 2020 Written by Veloxity CRM Time Estimate: About 1 minute to read.
You can add a new Opportunity in two ways:
- Add A New Opportunity Record
- Convert a Lead to an Opportunity
Add New Opportunity Record
On the Main Menu, select Opportunities > + Add Opportunities > Enter Opportunity data > Add Opportunity
- On the Main Menu, at the top of the Screen, click Opportunities.
- Click + Add Opportunities.
- Enter or copy selected text into the Opportunity fields.
- Click Add Opportunity.
Note that Opportunities added directly to the system will not have any linked records.
You are looking at two screenshots demonstrating how to Add a New Opportunity Record:
Figure 1. Add New Opportunity Record.
Figure 2. Creating the New Opportunity Record.
Create Opportunity: Convert a Lead to an Opportunity
Create Opportunity is used to convert a Lead into an Opportunity. Create Opportunity automatically creates and links an Opportunity Record, Contact Record, and Account Record (depending on your business model).
On the Main Menu, select Leads > List All Leads > click Lead Link for the Lead you wish to convert to an Opportunity> click Create Opportunity.
- On the Main Menu, at the top of the Screen, click Leads.
- Click List All Leads.
- Click Lead Link for the Lead you wish to convert to an Opportunity.
- Click Create Opportunity.
You are looking at a screenshot demonstrating How to Create an Opportunity from a Lead Record:
Figure 3. Create Opportunity on Lead Record.
Additional questions, feedback, or need more help? Click Learn More.