Last Revised: Written by Veloxity CRM Time Estimate: About 3 minutes to read. Version 2.0
Jump to the following sections to learn more about Adding Contacts:
This guide shows you how to add Contacts to your Veloxity CRM system:
- Add Contacts from the Main Menu
- Add and link Contacts when adding new data records
- Add Contacts automatically from a Lead Record
- Import Contacts using the Data Import Feature (requires CRM administrator access)
Adding Contacts from the Main Menu
Add a New Contact directly to Veloxity CRM from the Main Menu.
From the Main Menu, click Contacts > Add Contacts
Link Records to this Account. Tip: Records of this type will be added to the system without any automatically linked records. You have the option to
You are looking at a screenshot demonstrating how to Add a Contact from the Main Menu:
Figure 1. Adding a Contact from the Main Menu.
Adding and Linking Contacts when Adding a New Data Record
When adding a new data record to the system, you have the option of adding and linking a new or existing Contact.
To add a new Contact to link to a new data record,
- Click Yes when prompted to associate a Contact with the new data record.
- Click Create New Contact.
- Enter New Contact information.
- Click Add Contact.
You are looking at a screenshot demonstrating how to Add and Link a Contact when Adding a New Data Record:
Figure 2. Adding and Linking a Contact when Adding a New Data Record.
Adding a New Contact from a Lead Record
If your company uses Lead Records, Contacts are automatically added to Veloxity CRM when you click Create Opportunity or Capture Contact.
- Capture Contact. On a Lead Record, a Contact is automatically created when you select Capture Contact. Capture Contact is used to capture Account and Contact information from a Lead Record. This is typically used when the Lead is not being converted into an Opportunity.
- Create Opportunity. On a Lead Record, a Contact is automatically created when you select Create Opportunity. Create Opportunity is used to convert a Lead into an Opportunity. Create Opportunity automatically creates and links a Contact Record, Opportunity Record, and (depending on your Business Transaction Type) Account Record.
You are looking at a screenshot demonstrating How to Automatically Add Contacts through Create Opportunity and Capture Contact on a Lead Record:
Figure 3. How to Automatically Add Contacts through Create Opportunity and Capture Contact on a Lead Record.
Your Veloxity CRM Administrator can upload new Contacts using the Data Import tool in CRM Setup.