Last Revised: 21 Aug 2020 Written by Veloxity CRM Time Estimate: About 3 minutes to read. Version 2.0
Jump to the following sections to learn more about Adding Accounts:
This guide shows you how to add Accounts to your Veloxity CRM system:
- Add Accounts manually from the Main Menu
- Add and link Accounts when adding new data records
- Add Accounts automatically from a Lead Record
- Import Accounts using the Data Import Feature (requires CRM administrator access)
Adding Accounts from the Main Menu
Add a New Account directly to Veloxity CRM from the Main Menu.
From the Main Menu, click Accounts > Add Accounts
Link Records to this Account.Tip: Records of this type will be added to the system without any automatically linked records. You have the option to
You are looking at a screenshot demonstrating how to Add an Account from the Main Menu:
Figure 1. Adding an Account from the Main Menu.
Adding and Linking Accounts when Adding a New Data Record
When adding a new data record to the system, you have the option of adding and linking a new or existing Account.
To add a new Account to link to a new data record,
- Click Yes when prompted to associate an Account with the new data record.
- Click Create New Account.
- Enter New Account information.
- Click Add Account.
You are looking at a screenshot demonstrating how to Add and Link an Account when Adding a New Data Record:
Figure 2. Adding and Linking an Account when Adding a New Data Record.
Adding a New Account from a Lead Record
If your company uses Lead Records, Accounts are automatically added to Veloxity CRM when you click Create Opportunity or Capture Contact.
- Capture Contact. On a Lead Record, an Account is automatically created when you select Capture Contact. Capture Contact is used to capture Account and Contact information from a Lead Record. This is typically used when the Lead is not being converted into an Opportunity.
- Create Opportunity. On a Lead Record, an Account is automatically created when you select Create Opportunity. Create Opportunity is used to convert a Lead into an Opportunity. Create Opportunity automatically creates and links a Contact Record, Opportunity Record, and (depending on your Business Transaction Type) Account Record.
You are looking at a screenshot demonstrating How to Automatically Add Accounts through Create Opportunity and Capture Contact on a Lead Record:
Figure 3. How to Automatically Add Accounts through Create Opportunity and Capture Contact on a Lead Record.
Your Veloxity CRM Administrator can upload new Accounts using the Data Import tool in CRM Setup.