Last Revised: Written by Veloxity CRM Time Estimate: About 5 minutes to read. Version 2.0
What are Activities?
Activities are the actions you perform throughout the sales process such as emails, phone calls, and meetings.
Activity Records document the time, date, and subject of your sales activities.
Activities enable you to plan, document, and record your sales related communications and actions.
How can I use Activities?
- Activities keep you connected to your potential customers. Personalized and accurate information can improve communication among teams, as well as improve customer experience. Activities move prospects through the sales pipeline.
- Activities help teams collaborate. Recording your Activities, such as logging phone calls and attaching meeting notes, maintains a record of communication. Other members of the sales team can view when you last communicated with the contact, and pull relevant information from the Activity Record.
- Assign next steps to others on your team. View the Activity Status to quickly view the status of activities you've assigned.
- Activities are your daily to-do list. Always know what needs to be done to nurture your Leads and move your Opportunities through the sales pipeline.
- Activities keep Opportunities from slipping through the cracks. Once you complete an Activity, immediately record a new Activity for the next step in the process. Be sure to include a due date and link any related users. This practice will keep your Leads and Opportunities up to date.
Tip: While you cannot control the outcome of the sales process, you are in control of the Activities you pursue related to your opportunities. Analyze your Activities to evaluate which actions have a history of success. Activity Records allow you to track your Activities and learn from your strengths and weaknesses.
Where can I find Activities?
Find activities on the Hub, on individual data records, and under Activities on the Main Menu.
You are looking at a screenshot of Activities on the Hub:
Figure 1. Activities on the Hub.
You are looking at a screenshot of Activities on an Opportunity Record:
Figure 2. Activities on an Opportunity Record.
You are looking at a screenshot of Activities on the Main Menu:
Figure 3. Activities on the Main Menu.
How can I use Activities?
How can I create a new activity?
To create a new activity, navigate to Activities on the Hub or on a Data Record and click the activity type you want to create.
You are looking at a screenshot of the Activity Icons Used to Create a New Activity:
Figure 4. Activity Icons Used to Create a New Activity.
How can I use Email?
Veloxity Email offers a variety of important features to support your sales process:
- Send and receive Email directly within Veloxity CRM.
- Emails are connected to the Contacts in your Veloxity CRM system. Veloxity uses the emails listed for these contacts to pull related emails into your Veloxity CRM Inbox.
- You have the option to Share Email making selected email visible to others on your team.
How can I use Activities on the Main Menu?
Use Activities on the Main Menu to view individual Activity Records, view Activity Tables, chart Activities, and search Activities.
How can I view activities on the Timeline?
Timeline functions as a concise visual history allowing you to review updates and activities related to your data records.
A time and date stamp automatically generate when a Timeline event takes place.
- Read short descriptions of changes made to the data record.
- View activities related to the data record.
- Click the icons and highlighted text to be redirected to those items.
Visit Timeline for more information.
You are looking at a screenshot of Activities on the Timeline:
Figure 5. Activities on the Timeline.