Last Revised:10 Jan 2020 Written by Veloxity CRM Time Estimate: About 5 minutes to read.
Activities are the actions you perform throughout the sales process. Activities function as your daily todo list.
Activity Records document the time, date, and subject of your sales activities. This makes it easy to collaborate with team members and stay up-to-date on where prospects are in your sales pipeline.
As an example, imagine ABC Industries is interested in your product. ABC Industries is moving through the stages of your sales pipeline. The phone calls, emails, meetings you have with Contacts at ABC Industries are Activities.
Activities enable you to plan, document, and record your communication and actions with potential customers.
Jump to the following sections learn more about Working with Activities:
Working with Activities
Using Activities consistently has many benefits:
- Activities keep you connected to your potential customers. Personalized and accurate information can improve communication among teams, as well as improve customer experience. Activities move prospects through the sales pipeline.
- Activities help teams collaborate. Recording your Activities, such as logging phone calls and attaching meeting notes, maintains a record of communication. Other members of the sales team can view when you last communicated with the contact, and pull relevant information from the Activity Record.
- Assign next steps to others on your team. View the Activity Status to quickly view the status of activities you've assigned.
- Activities are your daily to-do list. Navigate to Activity Tracking with Calendar View to see what Activities are pending. Using Activities will allow you to always know what needs to be done to nurture your Leads and move your Opportunities through the sales pipeline.
- Activities keep Opportunities from slipping through the cracks. Once you complete an Activity, immediately record a new Activity for the next step in the process. Be sure to include a due date and link any related users. This practice will keep your Leads and Opportunities up to date. You will always know what needs to be done to keep your prospects moving through the pipeline.
While you cannot control the outcome of the sales process, you are in control of the Activities you pursue related to your opportunities. Analyze your Activities to evaluate which actions have a history of success. Activity Records allow you to track your Activities and learn from your strengths and weaknesses.
Activity TypesActivities may be created in multiple ways:
- Activity Tracking with Calendar View. Create a new Activity on the Home Page in the Calendar View.
- Quick Activity. Create a new Activity from any Account, Contact, Lead, or Opportunity Record.
- Activities Tab on a Data Record. View the activities for a specific data record in a calendar view.
- Add a New Activity. Click Activity in the Main Menu to add a new Activity.
- Log Call
- Meeting - In-person Client
- Meeting - Internal
- Meeting - Web
Veloxity CRM comes pre-configured with Activity Types. Users with Administrative access can add or delete Activity Types. Your list of Activity Types may look different depending on the configuration.
How to Use Email
Veloxity Email offers a variety of important features to support your sales process:
- Send and receive Email directly within Veloxity CRM. Send emails from any
- Emails are connected to the Contacts in your Veloxity CRM system. Veloxity uses the emails listed for these contacts to pull related emails into your Veloxity CRM Inbox.
- You have the option to Share Email making the email visible to others on your team.
- Emails sync directly to your Opportunities. When you open an Opportunity Record, you will also have access to email correspondence with your Contacts on this Opportunity.
You are looking at a screenshot of the email icon in Veloxity CRM:
Figure 1. Email Icon in Veloxity CRM.
Click the Email icon to open Veloxity Email.
You are looking at a screenshot of Veloxity Email in Veloxity CRM:
Figure 2. Veloxity Email.
The following numbers correspond with the numbers in Figure 2:
Activity Tracking with Calendar View
Locate Activity Tracking with Calendar View on your Home Page in Veloxity CRM.
Activities are laid out in a calendar view. Sort the calendar by month, week, day, or list view. Quickly see your schedule and always know what needs to be done.
You are looking at a screenshot of Activity Tracking with Calendar View:
Figure 1. Activity Tracking with Calendar View.
Notice the layout of Activity Tracking with Calendar View in Figure 1
The following numbers correspond with the numbers in Figure 1:
|Function||How to Use|
|Filter||Filter Activities by Type: Call, TODO, Email, Show All.|
|View||Select the Activity View: Month, Week, Week-List, Day, Day-List.|
|Add + Activity||Click + to Add a New Activity. You can also click anywhere on the calendar to Add a New Activity.|
|Expand||Click Expand to view today's agenda.|
Imagine you are arriving at work on Monday morning. You open Veloxity CRM and navigate to Activity Tracking with Calendar View. Because you have been logging all of your activities, Activities function as your daily to-do list. All of the actions you need to complete to move your Leads and Opportunities through the sales pipeline are organized as Activities. You know the actions you need to take today to move your prospects forward.
Keep the following tips in mind when working with the Activity Calendar:
- Click directly on the calendar to add or edit Activities.
- Select the Activity View by clicking the day, week, month, or list view. (See highlighted area in Figure 1.)
- Hover over the Activity to see Activity details.
- Click anywhere on the activity to move it around the calendar.
- To filter for a particular activity, select from boxes at top: call, todo, email, show all.
Adding an Activity
Click directly on the calendar day where you want to add or edit Activities or click the + in the upper right-hand corner (see Figure 1) to open the Activity Editor.
You are looking at a screenshot demonstrating how to add an Activity to the Calendar View.
Figure 2. Adding an Activity to the Calendar View.
Use the tools in the Activity Editor to Add a New Activity.
The numbers below correspond with the numbers in Figure 2:
|Function||How to Use|
|1. Activity Type||Select the type of activity you want to add from the pick list: Meeting, Call, Other, TODO.|
|2. Description||Write a description of the activity. You may want to refer back to these notes later.|
|3. Status||Select the appropriate activity status: Pending, Completed.|
|4. Duration||Select the day, time, and length of the activity.|
|5. Add Activity||Click Add Activity.|
Activities function as your daily to-do list. After completing an activity, immediately schedule the next activity for that Lead or Opportunity. You will always know what needs to be done, and Opportunities will not fall through the cracks.
Quick Activity is located on individual records. Quick Activity allows you to quickly create activities related to the record you are viewing. Send emails, log calls, meetings, and add notes from inside record views.
You are looking at a screenshot of Quick Activity located on an individual Data Record.
Figure 3. Quick Activity.
Use the tools in Quick Activity to Add a New Activity.
The numbers below correspond with the numbers in Figure 3:
|Function||How to Use|
|1. Select Activity Type||Select the type of activity you are creating: Call, Activity (choose from selections), Note, Email|
|2. +Add||Click +Add to Add the Activity.|
|3. Call Type||When Logging a Call, select the Call Type: Outbound Call, Inbound Call.|
|4. Description||Write a description of the activity. You or a colleague may want to refer back to these notes later.|
Activities Tab on a Data Record
In addition to the Quick Activity Panel (see Figure 2), you can click the Activities Tab at the top of the Data Record to view activities in calendar view.
Figure 4. Activities Tab on a Data Record.
The calendar view in the Activities Tab differs from the Calendar View on the Home Page:
- The Home Page Calendar View shows all of your Activities.
- The Calendar View on a Data Record shows all of the activities you are allowed to access related to that Data Record.
Activities on the Main Menu
Activities can also be accessed from the Main Menu.
You are looking at a screenshot demonstrating how to access Activities from the Main Menu:
Figure 5. Activities on the Main Menu.
The numbers below correspond with the numbers in Figure 5:
|Function||How to Use|
|1. Add Activities||Add Activities.|
|2. Search Activities||See Search for more information.|
|3. Query by Example Activity||See Query by Example (QBE) for more information.|
|4. List All Activities||List All Activities in a sortable, editable table view. Select individual records to view and quickly create charts from data tables.|
|5. Predefined Searches||If you have saved searches for activities, they will be visible here. Click the search you wish to run.|
Viewing Individual Activity Records
From Activities, you can also access individual Activity Records.
Click List All Activities (see Figure 5), then select the Activity Record you wish to view.
The following screenshot offers an overview of an Activity Data Record:
Figure 6. Key Fields Panel and Linked Records Panel.
Notice the location of the following tools in Figure 6:
|Add to Favorites||Click the star symbol to add this Record to the Favorites menu.|
|Key Fields Panel||
The Key Fields Panel offers a quick view of key data in the record.
|Linked Records Panel||The Linked Records Panel is an important tool. Linked Records allows you to link and view other related records to an Activity Record. Linked Records allows you to view Contacts, Opportunities, Files, Quotes and other records related to the Activity Record. Quickly visualize connections, and click on the links to toggle between related records. See Linked Records for more information.|
|Record Owner||Automated Owner Assignment rules are set by your company's Veloxity CRM Administrator. These automated rules configure record ownership. See Automated Owner Assignment Rules for more information.|
Data in an Activity Record is secured by the Activity Record Owner. The Activity Record Owner configures which users share the record and the level at which each user can interact with the data. Activity Records allow you the option of sharing data records with other users. Sharing data centralizes information and allows for increased accuracy and effective team collaboration. See Working with User Roles for more information.
You may also be interested in learning more about Timeline. Timeline keeps a visual history of Activities and some field changes on the data record.
You are looking at a screenshot of Timeline:
Figure 7. Timeline.
View Timeline for more information.
Additional questions, feedback, or need more help? Click Learn More.