Last Revised: 02 Mar 2020 Written by Veloxity CRM Time Estimate: About 3 minutes to read.
Using Timeline (2:53)
Jump to the following sections to learn more about Working with Timeline:
What is Timeline?
Timeline collects and displays information about recent activities and field changes related to your data records. Timeline allows you to visualize changes and updates made to your data records quickly.
How can I use Timeline?
Timeline functions as a concise visual history allowing you to review updates and activities from a record view quickly:
- Click the icons and highlighted text to be redirected to the record view of those items.
- Scan descriptions of changes made to the data record.
- Scan activities related to the data record.
- A time and date stamp automatically generate when a Timeline event takes place.
Where can I find Timeline?
Timeline is found on Account, Contact, Lead, and Opportunity Data Records.
You are looking at a screenshot of Timeline on a Data Record.
Figure 1. Timeline on a Data Record.
How can I use Timeline?
Field ChangesField changes displayed on Timeline include the following:
- Lead Creation Date: view the time/date of the Lead creation.
- Opportunity Creation Date: view the time/date of the Opportunity creation.
- Closed date changed (on Opportunity Records): if the date the Opportunity is expected to close changes, the new closing date, along with the time/date of this change, is displayed.
- Forecasted amount changed (on Opportunity Records): if the forecasted amount of the Opportunity changes, the new forecast amount, along with the time/date of this change, is displayed.
- Stage changed (on Opportunity Records): as the Opportunity moves along the sales pipeline, the updated sales stage, along with the time/date of this change, is displayed.
Activities related to the data record appear chronologically on the Timeline.
Quickly visualize calls, emails, meetings related to individual Account, Contact, Lead, or Opportunity records.
For example, in the Timeline, you can do the following:
- Scan the Timeline to quickly see the subject and first two lines of email related to the record.
- Automatically redirect to the email by clicking the email icon.
- View the subject of phone calls, the time and date of the call, and whether the call was outbound or inbound.
- View recent meetings related to the record, and read related details.
- See which Activities are overdue. Overdue Activities are RED. (See the red Meeting icon in Figure 1.)
Using Timeline View
Use Timeline as a concise visual history allowing you to review updates and activities from a record view quickly.
You are looking at a screenshot of Using Timeline View:
Figure 2. Using Timeline View.
The following features correspond with the numbers in Figure 2 Using Timeline View (see above):
Click the icons and highlighted text to be redirected to the record view of those items.
- Click the Meeting icon to open the activity record for the meeting. Notice, in this example, the Meeting icon is red. The red color means that the Activity has not been marked complete. The Activity is overdue.
- Click the Profile image to open the sales rep's data record.
- Click the Opportunity record icon to open the opportunity record.
- Click the Sales rep's name to open the sales rep's data record.
- Click the Contact's name to open the Contact's data record.
Read the description to review more details about the changes made to the data record/activities.
- Elizabeth Dubin and Brodi Mayer attended a meeting. You can also view notes regarding the meeting: "Meeting with Jessica Kuo regarding the new product line."
- Elizabeth Dubin sent an email to Ms. Jessica Kuo. You can also view the subject of the email, "Meeting Update," and the first two lines of the email.
- Sales Stage updated to Quote: Pricing Negotiation.
3. Time and Date Stamp
A time and date stamp generate when the Timeline event takes place. Timeline events are listed chronologically.
- Elizabeth Dubin sent an email to Ms. Jessica Kuo on Jan 10 at 4:02 PM.
- Sales Stage changed on Jan 7 at 2:05PM.
- Cement Division opp created on Dec 4, 2019 at 3:26PM.
Figure 3. Hover for Details.
4. Hover for Details
Hover over the Contact and data record links for more details.