Last Revised: 10 Jun 2020 Written by Veloxity CRM Time Estimate: About 3 minutes to read. Version 2.0
Using Timeline (2:53)
Jump to the following sections to learn more about Timeline:
What is Timeline?
Timeline collects and displays information about recent activities and field changes related to your data records.
How can I use Timeline?
Timeline functions as a concise visual history allowing you to review updates and activities related to your data records.
A time and date stamp automatically generate when a Timeline event takes place.
- Read short descriptions of changes made to the data record.
- View activities related to the data record.
- Click the icons and highlighted text to be redirected to those items.
Where can I find Timeline?
Timeline is found on Account, Contact, Lead, and Opportunity Data Records.
You are looking at a screenshot of Timeline:
Figure 1. Timeline on a Data Record.
How can I use Timeline?
Field ChangesField changes displayed on Timeline include the following:
- Lead Creation Date: view the time/date of the Lead creation.
- Opportunity Creation Date: view the time/date of the Opportunity creation.
- Closed date changed (on Opportunity Records): if the date the Opportunity is expected to close changes, the new closing date, along with the time/date of this change, is displayed.
- Forecasted amount changed (on Opportunity Records): if the forecasted amount of the Opportunity changes, the new forecast amount, along with the time/date of this change, is displayed.
- Stage changed (on Opportunity Records): as the Opportunity moves along the sales pipeline, the updated sales stage, along with the time/date of this change, is displayed.
Activities related to the data record appear chronologically on the Timeline.
Quickly visualize calls, emails, meetings related to individual Account, Contact, Lead, or Opportunity records.
For example, in the Timeline, you can do the following:
- Scan the Timeline to quickly see the subject and first two lines of email related to the record.
- Automatically redirect to the email by clicking the email icon.
- View the subject of phone calls, the time and date of the call, and whether the call was outbound or inbound.
- View recent meetings related to the record, and read related details.
- See which Activities are overdue. Overdue Activities are RED.
Using Timeline View
Use Timeline as a concise visual history allowing you to review updates and activities from a record view quickly.
You are looking at a screenshot of Using Timeline View:
Figure 2. Using Timeline View.
Click the icons and highlighted text to be redirected to the record view of those items.
Read the description to review more details about the changes made to the data record/activities.
Time and Date Stamp
A time and date stamp generate when the Timeline event takes place. Timeline events are listed chronologically.
Figure 3. Hover for Details.
Hover for Details
Hover over the Contact and data record links for more details.