Last Revised: 11 Sep 2020 Written by Veloxity CRM Time Estimate: About 4 minutes to read. Version 2.0
- What are Sales Divisions?
- Where can I find Sales Divisions?
- How can I use Sales Divisions?
- How can I use the the Sales Division Hierarchy Toolbar?
- Sales Division Hierarchy
What are Sales Divisions?
A Sales Division is the aspect of a business that is responsible for selling products or services.
Sales Divisions represent a customer group or geographic area over which either an individual salesperson or a sales team has responsibility.
How can I use Sales Divisions?
Use Sales Divisions to easily visualize and manage your sales reporting structures:
- Set and view quotas. Data rolls upward. You can see these statistics for your own quota and for those underneath you in your sales division.
- Visualize the sales pipeline
- View the current progress for each level of your organization’s sales structure within each forecast period. The forecast data in Sales Divisions identifies the gap between your forecasted sales and your quota to help you structure your workflow to meet your target.
Tip: Forecasts allow you to predict sales growth and anticipate changing market trends. Forecasts are an important strategy to prepare your business for the future and make more informed business decisions regarding how your team manages resources.
Where can I find Sales Divisions?
Sales Divisions are located on the Main Menu under Sales Divisions.
Navigating Sales Divisions
You are looking at a screenshot of a Sales Division Hierarchy:
Figure 1. Sales Division Hierarchy.
How can I use Sales Divisions?
Use Sales Divisions to visualize and manage your Sales Divisions.
- For large territory-based organizations, you can view the sales stages at specific territories where all the sub-territories' data rolls up.
- In a direct reporting hierarchy, each account manager is defined as having a direct report sales manager who can view their direct reports and all the reports’ data.
How can I use the the Sales Division Hierarchy Toolbar?
The Hierarchy Toolbar allows quick access to your Sales Division data. Scroll through different Forecast Periods, click to view forecast charts and data, toggle between relative and total data views, duplicate quotas and more.
You are looking at a screenshot detailing the tools on the Sales Division Hierarchy Toolbar:
Figure 1. Sales Division Hierarchy Toolbar.
Create and Upload a Sales Division Hierarchy
Access tools for creating and uploading a Sales Division Hierarchy:
- Download a formatted CSV Template and enter your Sales Division data.
- Upload a formatted CSV to create a Sales Division Hierarchy.
The CSV must contain two columns with the headers PARENT_EMAIL_ADDRESS and CHILD_EMAIL_ADDRESS
These columns indicate the hierarchy between the two Sales Division owners.
If any email addresses do not exist in the system, the users of those emails will be invited to the system.
View Sales Quotas
View Sales Quotas associated with the current forecast period in a table format.
Duplicate the quotas on the currently selected forecast period.
See Duplicate Forecast for more information.
Manage Sales Divisions
Create or navigate to a different sales division.
Show Forecast View / Hide Forecast View
Sales Forecasts display your estimated sales income for a given time period based upon the Opportunity Stage, Sales Stage Probability, and the Opportunity Close Date.
Forecast View enables you to see the current progress for each level of your organization’s sales structure within each forecast period.
If you have a large sales force, hiding the Forecast View enables you to see more of your Sales Division on one screen.
Forecast Chart View / Forecast Data View
Toggle between two different forecast views:
- Chart View
- Text View
Show Relative Forecast Charts / Show Total Forecast Charts
Toggle between two different data views when viewing forecast data:
- Relative Data View (data related to your sales forecast)
- Total Data View (combined data rolled up to your sales division)
Scroll to select a Forecast Period to view.
Sales Division Hierarchy
The Sales Division Hierarchy captures forecast data and shows the relationship between Sales Divisions.
Sales Divisions allow sales reps and managers to quickly answer the following questions:
- What have I closed? / What has the team closed?
- How am I tracking? / How is the team tracking?
- What do I have to do to get to my quota? / What do we have to do to get to our quota?
You are looking at a screenshot of a Sales Division:
Figure 2. Sales Division.
How can I use the Sales Division Image and Data Record Link?
- Using the Sales Division Toolbar, upload an image that represents this Sales Division.
- Click the link to view the Sales Division Data Record.
How can I use the Sales Division Toolbar?
You are looking at a screenshot of the Sales Division Toolbar:
Figure 3. Sales Division Toolbar.
Edit fields on the Sales Division Record.
Create charts based on Sales Division data.
Adding a Sales Division
Add a new Sales Division underneath this Sales Division.
Editing a Quota
Edit the Quota for this Sales Division.
View the Opportunities related to this Sales Division record.
Edit Sales Division Image
Set the Sales Division Image.
- Move Sales Division:
- Move Sales Division Children:
- Reprocess Sales Division Assignment Rules for Descendants:
How can I use the Sales Division Gauge Chart?
You are looking at a screenshot of a Sales Division Gauge Chart:
Figure 4. Sales Division Gauge Chart
On the Gauge Chart, hover over the colored areas and dial to display numerical amounts.
Sales Divisions visualize the following data for a forecast period:
Quotas – Quotas are the sales target for a specific forecast period.
Forecast – A Forecast is an achievable projection estimating what your business's sales are going to be at a future date. The forecast period is generally measured either monthly, quarterly, half-annually, or annually.
Actual Sales Amount – The Actual Sales Amount is the actual current sales revenue.