Last Revised: 27 May 2020 Written by Veloxity CRM Time Estimate: About 3 minutes to read. Version 2.0
Jump to the following sections to learn more about News Feed Setup:
What is News Feed Setup?
News Feed allows you to create or modify News Feed Sources and their display options.
How can I use News Feed?
News Feed provides current international, national, and local news about your Accounts through interactive links. News Feed offers a rich source of continuous information organized from thousands of publishers and magazines. Easily stay current on multiple facets of your Opportunities without leaving Veloxity CRM.
You’re looking at a screenshot of the News Feed View:
Figure 1. News Feed View.
- The topical news source in the News Feed uses keywords from the Account record to display relevant articles.
- Veloxity CRM comes preconfigured to query the news source based on Account key words in the News Feed settings.
- Keep the default settings or use the News Feed Setup to customize the News Feed settings.
Where can I find News Feed Setup?
News Feed Setup is located in CRM Setup.
From the Main Menu, click My Profile > App Setup > CRM Setup > News Feed
Navigating News Feed Setup
You’re looking at a screenshot of the News Feed Setup:
Figure 2. News Feed Setup.
How can I use News Feed Setup?
News Feed comes ready to display recent news about your Accounts out of the box.
Use News Feed Setup to change the default configuration.
How can I configure the General News Source?
- Veloxity CRM General News Source is configured to use Google News.
- Use this tool to change to a different news source.
- The General News Source should be an RSS feed for general news updates.
- Copy and paste the RSS feed you wish to add into Home Page News General Settings. (Example of an RSS feed: )
- Click Save.
- To add additional General News Sources, click Add General News Source on the News Feed Toolbar.
How can I configure the Topical News Source?
- Veloxity CRM Topical News Source is configured to use the keywords in the Account Name.
- Each Topical News Source should be the URL to an RSS feed.
- Find the query within the URL and replace it with the [[SEARCH_TERM]] token.
- When the URL is generated by the News Feed component, the value of the chosen search field will be inserted into the URL wherever the token is found.
- Copy and paste the RSS feed you wish to add into Topical News Sources.
- Replace the query in the RSS feed with [[SEARCH_TERM]]. (Example: )
- Click Save.
- To add additional Topical News Sources, click Add Topical News Source on the News Feed Toolbar.
News Feed provides current international, national, and local news about your Accounts through interactive links.
News Feed Setup allows you to create or modify News Feed Sources and their display options.
Learn more > Visit News Feed Setup for more information.