Last Revised: 11 Sep 2020 Written by Veloxity CRM Time Estimate: About 3 minutes to read. Version 2.0
Jump to the following sections to learn more about News Feed Setup:
What is News Feed Setup?
News Feed allows you to create or modify News Feed Sources and their display options.
How can I use News Feed?
News Feed provides current international, national, and local news about your Accounts through interactive links. News Feed offers a rich source of continuous information organized from thousands of publishers and magazines. Easily stay current on multiple facets of your Opportunities without leaving Veloxity CRM.
You’re looking at a screenshot of the News Feed View:
Figure 1. News Feed View.
- The topical news source in the News Feed uses keywords from the Account record to display relevant articles.
- Veloxity CRM comes preconfigured to query the news source based on Account key words in the News Feed settings.
- Keep the default settings or use News Feed Setup to customize the News Feed settings.
Where can I find News Feed Setup?
News Feed Setup is located in CRM Setup.
From the Main Menu, click My Profile > App Setup > CRM Setup > News Feed
Navigating News Feed Setup
You’re looking at a screenshot of News Feed Setup:
Figure 2. News Feed Setup.
How can I use News Feed Setup?
News Feed comes ready to display recent news about your Accounts out of the box.
Use News Feed Setup to change the default configuration.
How can I configure the General News Source?
- Veloxity CRM General News Source is configured to use Google News.
- Use this tool to change to a different news source.
- The General News Source should be an RSS feed for general news updates.
- Copy and paste the RSS feed you wish to add into Home Page News General Settings. (Example of an RSS feed: )
- Click Save.
- To add additional General News Sources, click Add General News Source on the News Feed Toolbar.
How can I configure the Topical News Source?
- Veloxity CRM Topical News Source is configured to use the keywords in the Account Name.
- Each Topical News Source should be the URL to an RSS feed.
- Find the query within the URL and replace it with the [[SEARCH_TERM]] token.
- When the URL is generated by the News Feed component, the value of the chosen search field will be inserted into the URL wherever the token is found.
- Copy and paste the RSS feed you wish to add into Topical News Sources.
- Replace the query in the RSS feed with [[SEARCH_TERM]]. (Example: )
- Click Save.
- To add additional Topical News Sources, click Add Topical News Source on the News Feed Toolbar.