Last Revised: Written by Veloxity CRM Time Estimate: About 5 minutes to read. Version 2.0
Jump to the following sections to learn more about Using Advanced Search:
How can I Navigate to Advanced Search?
On the Main Menu, at the top of the screen, click Search.
Click Advanced Search.
Select a Data Type to Search.
- Click OK.
How can I Create the Search Term?
- Select a Data Field from the pick list.
- Select the Comparison Operation from the pick list.
- Enter the Data Value for which you are searching.
- Click Run Search.
A search term is a word or combination of words and characters entered into a search engine to specify a particular thing to be searched. For example, you could do an Opportunity Search for (Data Field: Forecast Amount) (Comparison Operation: >) (Data Type to Search: 50000) to find Opportunities with a Forecast Amount greater than $50,000.
You are looking at a screenshot of Creating a Search Term in Advanced Search:
Figure 1. Creating a Search Term in Advanced Search.
There are several key things to keep in mind when using Advanced Search:
- Search is possible across a hierarchy of records without needing to specify every intervening data type in the search.
- Only one hierarchy can be searched at a time.
- For text and numeric fields, multiple values can be pasted from a list created elsewhere, such as in MS Excel.
- To include all data records of a type such as All Contacts, there is an option to choose all by clicking ALL on the data field selection list. In this case, do not specify a value for the comparison operator.
- Unlike quick search, wild-carding is not implicit for search values. Add either a percent sign (%) or an asterisk (*) to have the search wild-carded.
How can I use Advanced Mode?
By default, comparisons are case insensitive. To make them case sensitive, select the term and click Advanced Mode > Match Case. This will apply case sensitivity to just this term of the query but not others unless specified.
You are looking at a screenshot of Using Advanced Mode Features:
Figure 2. Using Advanced Mode Features.
How can I select Specific Fields to Show in the search results?
- Click Advanced Mode.
- Click Choose Columns.
- Select the Data Type to configure.
- Select the Data Fields to Show.
- Click OK.
By default, all the fields of the base data type are included in Fields to Show in Search Results. Other data types will not have any fields included in the result set.
You are looking at a screenshot of Selecting Fields to Show in Search Results:
Figure 3. Selecting Fields to Show in Search Results.
Search Results are Displayed in a Table Format
When there is more than one search result, the results are displayed in a table format.
When including multiple data types in the search results, the resulting table will be uneditable.
You are looking at a screenshot of Search Results in a Table Format:
Figure 4. Search Results in Table Format.
How can I save an Advanced Search?
After fully configuring the Advanced Search, you have the option of saving the Search.
- Saving your search allows you one-click access to running this search in the future.
- Keep your search Private or choose to share the Saved Search with Selected Groups or Everyone.
- Quickly access the Saved Search from the Main Menu.
You are looking at a screenshot demonstrating how to Save an Advanced Search:
Figure 5. Save an Advanced Search.