Last Revised:11 Feb 2020 Written by Veloxity CRM Time Estimate: About 2 minutes to read.
Linked Records (2:19)
Jump to the following sections to learn more about Linked Records:
- What are Linked Records?
- Where can I find Linked Records?
- How can I use Linked Records?
What are Linked Records?
Linked Records are individual data records that show up as a link in the Linked Records Panel. Linked Records visually connects related data from a single record view without duplicating information.
How can I use Linked Records?
Linked Records enables you to visually connect your data. Linking records allows one-click access to all linked records from a single record view.
Veloxity CRM automatically links data records.
- When a Lead is converted to an Opportunity, a new Opportunity Record is produced. The system generates and links related Contact Records and Account Records (depending on your Business Transaction Type) to the Opportunity Record.
- When you create a Sales Quote, the quote is automatically linked to the related Opportunity Record.
- When you send an email to a Contact, the email is linked to related Contact, Lead, and Opportunity Records.
Create and Link Data Records.
As you add records to the system, link them to related records.
Where can I find Linked Records?
Linked Records are located on the Linked Records Panel on data records.
Navigating Linked Records
You are looking at a screenshot of a Linked Records Panel.
Figure 1. Linked Records Panel.
The numbers below correspond to the numbers in Figure 1. Linked Records Panel (see above).
- Type of Data Record: You are looking at an Opportunity Record.
- Location of the Linked Records Panel.
- Links to Related Records. Some record types have additional links to specific related records. In this example, Contacts have their own section as they function as Opportunity Contacts on an Opportunity Record. See Opportunity Contacts for more information.
How can I use Linked Records?
What Kinds of Records can be Linked?
- Products/Product Bundles
- Sales Divisions
How can I Add a Linked Record?
You are looking at a screenshot demonstrating how to Add a New Linked Record:
Figure 2. Adding Linked Records by Data Type.
Figure 3. Adding Linked Records.
Add new Linked Records by clicking the + symbol to the right of Linked Records on the Linked Records Panel. Refer to Figures 3 & 4 Adding Linked Records (see above).
How can I Delete a Linked Record?
You are looking at a screenshot demonstrating how to delete a Linked Record.
Figure 4. Deleting Linked Records.
To delete a Linked Record, click the X to the right of the Linked Record you want to delete. In Figure 4. Deleting Linked Records (see above), clicking the X next to Speedy Construction will delete this Linked Record.
Deleting a Linked Record does not delete the record from the system. Delete will remove the link to the data record from the current record view.
Sales Quotes are an exception. Deleting a Sales Quote will delete the quote from the system.
How can I Use Show/Update Roles?
For information on Show/Update Roles, visit Group Roles.