Last Revised: 18 Sep 2020 Written by Veloxity CRM Time Estimate: About 5 minutes to read. Version 2.0
Veloxity Inbox (00:04:56)
Jump to the following sections to learn more about Veloxity Inbox:
- What is Veloxity Inbox?
- Where can I find Veloxity Inbox?
- How can I use Veloxity Inbox?
- Related articles
What is Veloxity Inbox?
Veloxity Inbox integrates your Gmail account with Veloxity CRM's innovative inbox features designed to save time and increase productivity.
How can I use Veloxity Inbox?
Sync email, share email with your team, use customizable templates, and automatically link email to Contacts and Opportunities.
Read, forward, reply, and view attachments right in the CRM.
Email Setup for more information.Tip: Email must be configured before the features are available. See
Where can I find Veloxity Inbox?
Veloxity Inbox is found on the top right hand corner of your screen.
Navigating Veloxity Inbox
You are looking at a screenshot of Veloxity Inbox:
Figure 1. Veloxity Inbox.
How can I use Veloxity Inbox?
How does Veloxity Inbox know which email to sync?
Veloxity Inbox syncs with your Gmail account by using the email addresses saved on your Lead Records and Contact Records to pull email into the Veloxity system.
Only emails associated with these Contacts and Leads are synced with Inbox.
Use the following tools when viewing email:
- Click Refresh to check for new email.
- Notice that unread emails are BOLD.
- Shared email are designated by the shared icon.
- Click an email to view the contents.
Reply to Email
There are several actions you can take when replying to an email:
- Reply: Reply will only respond to the sender of the email.
- Reply All: Reply all will respond to every contact on the email thread. Anyone who has been cc'ed on the email will be included.
- Forward: Forwarding an email allows you to enter a new email address and send the email to additional recipients.
- CC means Carbon Copy: The cc list can be seen by those on the email thread. Contacts CCed can receive future emails on the thread when recipients use Reply All.
- Bcc means Blind Carbon Copy: The recipient receives a copy of the email, but their email is hidden from others. They will not receive future emails on the thread.
What is Share Email?
Emails are automatically linked to related Lead Records, Opportunity Records, and Contact Records.
Share Email allows users with record-level privileges to view these Emails.
This feature allows the team to easily stay up-to-date with correspondence and information related to the Opportunities they are working to close.
To view the emails related to a record:
- You need access privileges to view activities related to the record. Visit User / Group Roles for more information.
- The email has to be shared.
If the email has been shared, and you have access to activities related to those records, then you will be able to view the related email.
Tip: While your Emails won't be seen by others unless you share them, note that users with administrative privileges are able to view all emails whether or not they are shared.
What is Unshare Email?
If you have previously shared an email, clicking Unshare will stop Sharing the Email. Users will no longer be able to view the email.
Tip: If someone makes a copy of the email, Unshare will not impact this copy.
You are looking at a screenshot of Share/Unshare Email on Inbox:
Figure 2. Share / Unshare Email on Inbox.
View Records Related to the Email
Records related to the email are shown as links.
For example, here you can view the Contact, Mr. Matthew Cates, linked to this email. Clicking the link redirects you to the contact record.
You are looking at a screenshot of Records Related to the Email:
Figure 3. Records Related to the Email.
You can attach files to your email.
Open the email where you'd like to send an attachment.
Click Add Attachments.
Click Choose File.
Select the File you wish to Attach.
Quickly filter email using the Filter box.
- Enter the filter terms to retrieve related emails. For example, if you wanted to find emails related to "Worth Accounting" you would enter "Worth" into the Filter box.
- To remove the filter, click the X.
You are looking at a screenshot of Filtering Email:
Figure 4. Filtering Email.
Syncing Past Email
Veloxity Inbox only shows emails related to the Lead and Contact email addresses recorded in Veloxity CRM.
If the email is not recorded in a Lead or a Contact record, then the email will not be synced. Emails sent prior to the contact being in the CRM were not captured.
There will be times when you need to sync emails from the past. This is useful for emails sent before the contact was recorded in Veloxity CRM.
To sync emails from the past,
- Click the overflow menu on the Inbox toolbar.
- Select Refresh Inbox Including History.
- The dialogue lets you know that this refresh will not duplicate emails, but it may bring previously deleted emails back into the system.
- Click Yes.
- Veloxity Inbox will update to sync past emails from newly added Leads and Contacts.
You are looking at a screenshot of Syncing Past Email:
Figure 5. Syncing Past Email.
Applying Email Templates
Templates are preformatted documents. Templates serve as starting points allowing you to quickly and easily create new documents.
Click Apply Template to select an Email Template.
You are looking at a screenshot of Applying Email Templates:
Figure 6. Applying Email Templates.