Last Revised: 09 Apr 2020 Written by Veloxity CRM Time Estimate: About 2 minutes to read.
Charts are powerful tools to analyze your data, find patterns, track goals, and gain insights into your sales process.
Creating a new chart, by defining a chart series, allows you to quickly create customized charts.
- When creating a new chart, you must first select the data type to chart.
- After selecting the data type, define the Chart Series.
The selections offered in the picklist, when defining the Chart Series, are smart and automatically adjust based on the chart type selected.
You are looking at a screenshot of How to Define a Chart Series:
Figure 1. How to Define a Chart Series.
As an example, let's consider how we would create a chart that answers the question: What is the total forecasted revenue for all our accounts?
- Select the data type of Accounts.
- Select Metric as the chart type.
- Select Total for the function, Actual Amount for the data type, and All Accounts Combined for the grouping.
Figure 2. Chart Series Example: Total Forecasted Revenue.
The chart series defined above, Total Forecasted Revenue, creates the following system chart:
Figure 3. Chart Showing Total Forecasted Revenue.