Last Revised: 11 Sep 2020 Written by Veloxity CRM Time Estimate: About 2 minutes to read. Version 2.0
Query by Example (00:02:18)
What is Query by Example (QBE)?
QBE offers a search form that models the structure of the documents for which you are searching.
Enter the values you wish to search directly into the form.
How can I use QBE?
Quickly and easily create a search based on field values.
Where can I find QBE?
Query by Example (QBE) can be accessed from two locations on the Main Menu:
- Main Menu > Search > Query by Example
- Main Menu > Data Type you wish to Search (Accounts, Contacts, Leads, Opportunities) > Query by Example
You are looking at a screenshot demonstrating how to Navigate to a QBE Search from the Main Menu:
Figure 1. Navigate to a QBE Search from the Main Menu.
How can I use QBE?
Creating a QBE Search
Enter search terms into the fields to search for any data records that match the field values entered.
- Start out broadly. Use fields for which you have accurate information.
- If more cases are returned than you wish to sort through, narrow your search further by using multiple fields.
- Enter either exact information or use the QBE operators defined below.
- Select the widget next to the field box for date fields. This will show the date macro options like @thisyear, @lastyear. This will search for records where that date field contains a date matching the selected macro.
- Denote range values for numeric fields. This may be accomplished by inputting two numbers separated by a dash (e.g. 52.2-76.5).
- Input greater than or less than symbols for numeric fields, followed by a number (e.g. >50).
- Paste in a list of values to search for numeric and text fields. The search will return records that match any one of the values.
You are looking at a screenshot of a QBE Search on Opportunities:
Figure 2. QBE Opportunity Search.